We asked our communities what activities that their residents enjoyed doing over the Easter holiday. The answers typically all had to do with creating a fun experience for local children or their family members. Easter celebrations ranged from big family and friends Easter Egg Hunts to intimate brunch with tasty holiday favorites. And, of course, lots and lots of chocolate bunnies!
Five Awesome Easter Activities for Seniors (from those living at our communities):
- “We made paper bag baskets filled it with grass. Then made pink cotton ball bunny’s to place in side. Residents added stickers to the outside of the bags. Some made them for grandchildren and others are for added decoration.”— Baycrest Village Assisted Care
- “We are also having the boy scouts come in after school and color ceramic eggs with the residents.” —Baycrest Village Assisted Care
- “At Emerald Gardens we enjoy coloring real eggs and then a day or two later I make deviled eggs out of them for a snack!” — Emerald Gardens Assisted & Memory Care
Easter Egg Hunts
- “We also have a fun Easter egg hunt with a few “special” eggs thrown in that they get extra special prizes for!” — Emerald Gardens Assisted & Memory Care
- “My residents loved just filling Easter eggs for the kids when they came for an Easter egg hunt, really made them smile to see the kids so happy with the eggs they helped stuff with goodies!” — Barnett Woods Independent Living & In-Home Care
- “The Easter parade was fun last year. The resident’s decorated their walkers!” — Evergreen Court Independent Living at Baycrest Village
- “We have the preschoolers come to do an egg hunt, and we have our Easter Brunch.” — La Conner Retirement Inn and Assisted Living
What is your favorite Easter activity?
Happy Easter from our Radiant Senior Living family to yours!